Friday 9 January 2015

Workout Fri 9 Jan 2015

Today I got to the gym later than intended, and this meant the gym was a bit quieter, so my timing was pretty good.

Today was lower body day and my programme was as follows:

1.  Elliptical trainer - 10 mins - 0.73km (decided to go a bit slower on the warm-up today - didn't want to exhaust my legs too quickly)

2.  Leg extension - 3 x 12 - 10 kg

3.  Lying leg curl - 3 x 12 - 15 kg

4.  Seated calf raise 3 x 12 - 30 kg

5.  Stiff-leg deadlift - 3 x 12 - 15 kg

6.  Seated leg press - 3 x 12 - 37.5 kg

7.  Back extensions - 3 x 8 - no weight (clenched my glute muscles while doing this one so it altered the exercise a bit)

8.  Standing oblique crunch (with a kettlebell) - 3 x 12 - 6 kg

9.  Crunches (with a kettlebell) - 3 x 12 - 6 kg

I think today's workout went well - I felt a bit stronger than I did yesterday.  I tested myself with the amount of weight I put on the barbell when doing my deadlifts.  Last time I did deadlifts I put 12.5 kg on the bar, so this was an improvement.  I felt I could go a bit heavier, but I wanted to focus on my form and keep that steady while flexing the correct muscles.

xoxo

Foxy

No comments:

Post a Comment