Thursday 8 January 2015

Workout Thurs 8 Jan 2015

I intend to make the content of this blog varied and thus interesting.  As part of my fitness journey, it's important to keep track of my activities.  Therefore, I want to use this blog to document my workouts and track my progress.

To make my records easier to read, my notation is as follows:
Example: Barbell curl - 3 x 12 - 10 kg
Explanation: Exercise - # of sets x # of reps - # of kilograms

Today was upper body and my programme was as follows:

1.  Elliptical trainer - 10 mins - 1.06 km

2.  Bench press - 3 x 12 - 10 kg

3.  Bent-over barbell row - 3 x 12 - 15 kg

4.  Barbell curl - 3 x 12 - 10 kg

5.  Underhand cable pulldown (done on lat pulldown machine) - 3 x 12 - 22.5 kg

6.  Triceps pushdown - 3 x 12 - 25 kg

7.  Seated triceps extension - 3 x 12 - 4 kg

8.  Seated cable row (also called "low row") - 3 x 12 - 22.5 kg

Today was my first weights session of the year.  I have been recovering from the flu as well as the festive season.  My last training session was on 24 December, and so I have been away from the weights for just over 2 weeks.

I felt that I was a bit weaker today and didn't feel as much power as I usually do.  My personal best on a bench press is 15 kg, but I didn't feel that I could make 3 sets at 15 kg.  I put this down to my lack of training over the last 2 weeks.

It was a good start to the year's training.  Tomorrow is leg day.

xoxo

Foxy

No comments:

Post a Comment