Wednesday 21 January 2015

Pondering on Trees

One of my favourite asanas is Vrksasana/Vriksasana or Tree Pose.
This lead me to think about the strength and spirituality and the sheer presence of a gorgeous big tree.  I always feel so humbled when I'm in the presence of a forest of tall trees.  It's a deep pleasure to feel the bark and imagine all the concentric rings inside.  I always wonder about how many years ago the tree was planted and who planted it, or whether it was planted accidentally by animals who carried seeds in their fur.

It's such fun to stand next to a tall tree, look up through the branches and see the light shining through bunches of leaves.  I think about the animals who take temporary shelter in them, and about the animals who have made the tree their home.  I wonder what the view is like from the top of the tree, and how dense the root structure is beneath my feet.

Trees are evidence that being strong takes years and years of growth and the ability to weather many storms, to withstand the rain and the piercing sun, and to make use of the resources provided to thrive in the situation in which one finds oneself.


xoxo

Foxy

Image source:
https://twitter.com/shareyoga/status/553805848288313344/photo/1

No comments:

Post a Comment