Friday 9 January 2015

Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe

I love a fruity smoothie after a long workout.

I have been experimenting for months with different fruit combinations and want to share my favourites here.

I recommend preparing (peeling and chopping) all fruit in advance and freezing in zip-seal freezer bags.  It's helpful to freeze fruit separately so that it's easy to combine different fruits depending on what you're adding to the smoothie.

I make all my smoothies in a standard blender.  No other special equipment is necessary.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

1.5 cups milk (dairy, soy or almond milk - this is dependent on your preference)
0.5 banana
3 strawberries
1 teaspoon (5ml) ground chia seeds
1 teaspoon (5ml) ground flax seeds/linseeds
3 teaspoons (15ml) vanilla protein powder

The consistency is quite liquid and easy to pour.  If you would like a thicker smoothie, add more fruit or pour less milk into the blender when you start.

 
 
xoxo
 
Foxy

No comments:

Post a Comment