Tuesday 20 January 2015

Happy Back


Earlier today, I visited the chiropractor for the first time in my life.  I had a painful spasm in my neck on Friday night and I wanted to get it seen to by a professional.  I was quite concerned, as I had never had such pain in my neck before and I had a feeling that there was a deeper seated problem.

The experience was lovely.  The doctor who saw me was incredible but she did give me some bad news - my back was completely out of alignment, and my neck and upper back were extremely tight.  This shocked me because I thought, "but I do yoga, I make sure that my posture is good and I do my best to look after my back".  Sadly, this is not enough.  Sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day is the chief culprit here, I have been informed.

With my back and neck returned to harmonious alignment, I have been told to expect muscle stiffness and soreness for the next 24 - 48 hours.  So no gym workouts for me for the next two days.  I shall be taking it very gently and most likely shall be including some slow yoga practice into my schedule today and tomorrow.

xoxo

Foxy

Image source:
http://www.voicechronicle.com/201412-scientists-reveal-hopes-repairing-damage-spine

No comments:

Post a Comment