Friday 3 April 2015

Unhappy spine

I visited the chiropractor again yesterday and she said: "lovey, your muscles are as hard as my floor boards". For a bodybuilder, this would ordinarily be a compliment, but alas this was not the case here.

She expected my back to be a bit out of sorts because of my recently chaotic work schedule and long hours, but I think the state of my spine and its muscles was worse than anticipated.

The always excellent doctor did some acupuncture and pushed and cracked me back into place to get some movement, as she calls it. But because she is not yet completely happy with the range of movement and the tension in the muscles, I'm booked for another session next week. I am thus not to do anything stupid or extreme with my yogi body this weekend.

My back, neck, shoulders and trapezius muscles are all so sore.

I miss my yoga.

In addition to all the pain, because I'm tired and my immune system is run down, I'm catching a cold. I went to the pharmacy earlier to stock up on flu medication - only going to the doctor if I feel like the situation is antibiotics-level serious.

It definitely feels and looks like autumn outside, which ordinarily I'd love. And it's a long weekend, and it's Easter, and my birthday soon. Many reasons to be thankful and cheerful.

Trying to remind myself of this while I find some crafty projects to keep myself busy and make this a productive weekend.

xoxo

Foxy

No comments:

Post a Comment